File Extension JAD
File extension JAD is used by
JAD files contain the following tags:
- MIDlet-1 - contains information about application name, icon and startup class
- MIDlet-Jar-Size - number of bytes in the application JAR file
- MIDlet-Jar-URL - Internet address where application archive can be downloaded
- MIDlet-Name - redundant tag used to store application name only
- MIDlet-Vendor - information about the company that authored the MIDlet
- MIDlet-Version - application version number
- MicroEdition-Configuration - information about CLDC version required to run particular MIDlet
- MicroEdition-Profile - information about MIDP version required to run particular MIDlet
Rate this page: 4/5 based on 18 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about JAD files, file extension jad and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...