File Extension JAD
File extension JAD is used by
JAD files contain the following tags:
- MIDlet-1 - contains information about application name, icon and startup class
- MIDlet-Jar-Size - number of bytes in the application JAR file
- MIDlet-Jar-URL - Internet address where application archive can be downloaded
- MIDlet-Name - redundant tag used to store application name only
- MIDlet-Vendor - information about the company that authored the MIDlet
- MIDlet-Version - application version number
- MicroEdition-Configuration - information about CLDC version required to run particular MIDlet
- MicroEdition-Profile - information about MIDP version required to run particular MIDlet
For more general information about files, file extension jad and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry and show some concerns that makes it vulnerable to attacks...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...